mercredi 18 mai 2011

Video: US masters student at Hebrew University hit in head by tea gas cannister tells his story ~ Gaza Solidarity

Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Video: US masters student at Hebrew University hit in head by tea gas cannister tells his story

‘Is this is what the most moral army in the world does!?’: An American student describes being shot by the Israeli military during a peaceful demonstration. He told his story to Mondoweiss.
My name is Christopher Whitman from outside Boston, Massachusetts. I live in Ramallah in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. I am a Master's student in the Hebrew University in Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies. I was in Al-Nabi Saleh today protesting against the 44 year Israeli occupation and its current policy of illegal land confiscation expand the range of settlements in the region which include Dolev, Halamish, and Nahalil (sp?)... ...The paramedic cleaned up my wounds as best he could. I felt delirious and discombobulated. At one point the blood loss was so extreme the places in my body that were farthest from my heart (fingers, knees) began tensing to a point of no control and I felt like a cripple. The ambulance arrived at Ramallah Hospital 30 minutes later, but my treatment was delayed due to a strike. I saw many doctors, had x-rays, CT scans, and stitches free of charge. Many people who were at the protest came to see how I was and even had a gift given to me from the village...which was the piece of my head the was knocked off by the tear gas cannister more
Warning: see below a graphic picture of a piece of Christopher's head:

0 comments:

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

facebook

https://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf
Powered By Blogger